This article discusses that cleaning out the inner terrain, i.e. addressing the cause of the symptoms is more beneficial that attacking the outer with drugs. The discussion originates from the differentiation between Pasteur`s model of disease versus his rival Claude Bernard`s argument of the inner terrain.
The author asserts that maintaining a slightly alkaline pH is more beneficial in preventing disease. However, the opposite, acidosis causes disease. We should support our inner terrain’s pH with diet, digestion, exercise, detox, and stress reduction. Having a balanced brain will greatly assist you in reducing stress as you increase your emotional intelligence.
Because traditional medicine does not address root the causes and just treats and manages symptoms the author asserts that pathogens are allowed to grow and thrive creating further complications and diseases.
Supporting our inner terrain with diet, digestion, exercise, detox, and stress reduction can seem like an overwhelming thing to start doing all at once. However, here are some simple stress free suggestions you can start implementing to be on your way to supporting your inner self:
1. Diet-Getting in more fruit and vegetables will greatly enhance your health. An easy way to accomplish this is to fill at least half your plate with fruit and vegetables at each meal or eating occasion.
2. Digestion: One of the many benefits of drinking raw apple cider vinegar is an improved digestive system. Here is a recipe for an Apple Cider Vinegar Cocktail:
Mix the following: 2 tablespoons of Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, ¼ cup of a natural organic juice such as Knudsen’s Natural Apple or Cranberry Raspberry juice, and 1 cup (or more to taste) of filtered or Alkalized water. Drink with a straw and enjoy! (Sipping through a straw is recommended to protect your teeth.)
3) Exercise: Basic walking for 30 minutes 5 days a week is an excellent way to jump start an exercise program. One easy way to get your walking minutes in is to park far away from door in the parking lot. When you are shopping and running errands park at the far end of the parking lot to add more steps to your day. You will be surprised at the results you will see in your energy level and mood with this seemingly small change in behavior.
4) Stress reduction: Meditation reduces stress. There are several research studies that support this statement. Also, several meditation techniques abound in the world. However, one of the best around is meditation upon the sacred geometry symbols. Through the Dr. Jewel Balancing Program you can gain access to the revolutionary and life changing way of meditation using sacred geometry symbols.
5) Detox: Juice detoxing is a hassle free way to do quick detoxing of the body systems. Fasting once a week via a juice detox can possibly assist you with your mental and physical focuses as well. Your body systems slow down and the detox will facilitate in the excretion of waste products and toxins in the liver and intestines.
In closing, it’s interesting to note that the article mentions that Pasteur on his death bed supported Bernard`s claim that the “germ was nothing; the inner terrain was all” and that conventional medicine disregards this. Is there any wonder why?
Be sure to consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other health care worker as the aforementioned suggestions only constitutes discussion about medicine, health and related subjects. The information shared is not intended and should not be construed as medical advice.
Article Commentary by Bridget Allison
Leave a Reply